back to sedfit help web
The general strategy for data analysis with Sedfit consists essentially of five steps:
1) load the data: New users should carefully follow the detailed instructions given in the help website on loading data.
2) select a model - some considerations are described in the model menu website
3) enter parameter estimates
4) run a sedimentation and then fit for the nonlinear parameters (sometimes an process consisting of multiple stages of parameter optimization, systematic noise subtraction, and data inspection)
5) evaluate the results: subtract systematic noise, export the data for plotting, analyze statistical properties of the fit.
These steps are illustrated in a practical step-by-step tutorial for using Sedfit, and also shown in the example application of Sedfit.